Lake Malawi Species • Just got my new peacocks in the mail!!

Discussion regarding only Lake Malawi species.

Moderators: Chester B, DJRansome

Postby Ispintechno » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:53 am

Congrats on the new fish! Yes, pics :)

I'd try mail order but I still wouldn't stop going to this one small petstore in town, there are a couple people there that really really know alot about african cichlids and are super helpful with tankmate selections, they even pull out some Ad Konigs books and shoot the brease about favorite fish. When you find a store with cichlidaphiles working there I don't mind paying extra. Profit isn't a dirty word when it keeps reputable places open for business.
75g African Cichlid tank, 30g Planted Tropical w/C02 reactor, 1000g+ Koi pond

- Matt
Ispintechno

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby lab911 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:36 am

My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
lab911

Postby lab911 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:38 am

taking pics of the fish is more difficult than I thought! I'll post more later once I figure out how to get good shots.

lab911

Postby lab911 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:14 am

I hope that I am allowed to post info about where I got my peacocks. If not I apologize and understand if this post must be removed. But this is such a great deal!!!

The person I purchased my peacocks from has another ebay auction. The item number is: 200215464671. Just type in african cichlid fish and he will be the first auction to view. His shipping price went up since last time I ordered from him but it is still the lowest I have found.

My fish have been in my tank for over a week and I have not had any issues with ich or fungus. They all are coloring up nicely and eating well. I gotta talk my husband into getting me a bigger tank so I can add more peacocks! I am addicted!!!!! :drooling:
lab911

Postby F8LBITEva » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:02 pm

nice pics! I like your rocks, can you get a full tank shot?
F8LBITEva

Postby lab911 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:14 pm

Not a great shot but that is all I have right now. I was trying to get better shots of the individual fish so I only took this one shot. My tank is only a 46 gallon bow front. I am going to upgrade to a 72 gallon bow front in the next few months.
lab911

Postby lab911 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:19 pm

Oh, and all my rock is lace rock. I have Black Sand for my substrate. I run a 304 Fluval Canister filter and a 300 watt stealth heater. Most of the plants are live. I am trying to get some more water onion for the back and eventually replace the silk grass plants. I just did a water change and that is why my water is a bit cloudy. I stirred up some of the sand in the process. :roll:
lab911

Postby F8LBITEva » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:52 am

I love bowfronts! I just upgraded from a 46BOW to a 75 but I want another 72 Bow.
F8LBITEva

Postby TorontoRaptorsFan » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:08 am

I think your Peacocks would look better if you put them on a natural colored sand instead of using black sand or gravel.

Make sure you don't overfeed your Peacocks. They don't expend alot of energy. Only feed them once a day.

Your peacocks look great! Nice find!
180 g- Cyprichromis Kitumba/Enantiopus Kilesa
125g - Cyprichromis Microlepidotus Kilila
TorontoRaptorsFan

Previous

Return to Lake Malawi Species