Switch to full site
Discussion regarding only Lake Malawi species.
Post a reply

Pic one:

Poll ended at Sat May 19, 2007 12:22 pm

B. rhoadesii
10%
F. rostratus
57%
Tyrannochromis
33%

Total votes : 21

Wed May 09, 2007 12:35 pm

I only see two choices to vote for.

Wed May 09, 2007 1:23 pm

I had that problem posting a poll as well. It seems if you add another question and just leave it blank it will show your last question.

Wed May 09, 2007 2:01 pm

I votes fossie. Even after readin Tyrannochromis is a an option. I like the look of fossies better than either of the other two.

Wed May 09, 2007 11:54 pm

I have all three and my favorites would be the Fossorochromis and Tyrannochromis over the Buccochromis. I voted for the Rostratus but in the end you should just get what you really want rather than letting us tell you what to get.....

Thu May 10, 2007 12:18 am

Fossochromis are more natural schooling fish, would make a better group I would guess. You could keep multiple males. And are cool.

Why not add a group of Cyrtocara moorii which are another over sand schooling fish which would contrast nicely. Or maybe a group of Phenocheilus Tanzania which seem like a mellow mix with Fossochromis... the male Phenocheilus could compete with the male Rostratus for most multichromatic blue/silver coolness... would be nice I could dream.

What about Champsochromis ... would be cool torpedo predators, an impressive large tank group I should think.
A large Buccochromis male would be huge and probably incredibly beautiful multicolour... don't know how a group tank would work in the long run.

I could only dream...

Thu May 10, 2007 10:07 am

You won't need a bigger tank than you have, for Champs. I bred them in a 6ft ~ 150 gallon for years. The tank was a big of an oddball shape though, 6ft x 24" wide x 20" tall.

Thu May 10, 2007 5:45 pm

One male, three females. The Champs would go well with phenochilus, but I don't think they'd mix well with Fossie's (and be their best).

Thu May 10, 2007 6:59 pm

My champs 1m/1f and rostratus 1m/1f get along fine and ignore each other for the most part. Although there are quite a few other species in this tank which might help keep their attention elsewhere, I think just the two species would work. This is just my experience though, yours could be different.

Here is a pic of my champ to help entice you.

Post a reply