Switch to full site
For general questions and issues. Post here if you are unsure of their origin or if you have questions about mixing.
Post a reply

flower pots in tanks??

Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:01 pm

Do people do it to help them breed? its just i see people with some very expensive fish and tanks using them it cant be cos they cant afford deco? they prob doing it for a reason?

Re: flower pots in tanks??

Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:13 pm

Mouthbrooders like plates of the same color to breed on, and flower pots are good hiding/living spots and a lot easier to get than drilling out a bunch of holes in some lava rock.

Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Cyphro wrote:Mouthbrooders like plates of the same color to breed on, and flower pots are good hiding/living spots and a lot easier to get than drilling out a bunch of holes in some lava rock.

so its true flower pots are a key factor? aint they toxi

Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:58 pm

They work, but I would not call them a key factor. I have even better results with stacking real rocks.

You are right, they are more common in breeder tanks than show tanks. I have a lot of them, but don't use them all that much. You buy unused ones and they are not toxic.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:45 am

Professional breeders probably use flowerpots because they are very cheap and easy to find as much as they need. Many substrate breeding cichlids may use flowerpots. Mouthbrooders don't have any special affinity far as I can tell. I would look for rocks first.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:36 am

what sort of rocks then flower pots look #%$& dont want to go that way
Post a reply