General African Cichlid Discussion • why so long to get a Demasoni?

For general questions and issues. Post here if you are unsure of their origin or if you have questions about mixing.

Moderators: DJRansome, nodima

why so long to get a Demasoni?

Postby jgrillout » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:51 am

The aquatic store I use has a good reputation but I don't understand why their supplier has taken them almost a month for them to get me a Demasoni. Are they usually this hard to get?
75 gallon freshwater
1 male & 2 female German Reds
1 male & 1 female Lemon Jakes
1 male & 2 female Star Saphires
jgrillout

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: why so long to get a Demasoni?

Postby noki » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Demasoni are somewhat common in the mass market. All depends on how the system that store uses. Waiting almost a month for something doesn't sound that unusual. The smaller or independent store market has changed significantly over the last 20 years.
noki

Re: why so long to get a Demasoni?

Postby Old Newbie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:51 am

jgrillout wrote:The aquatic store I use has a good reputation but I don't understand why their supplier has taken them almost a month for them to get me a Demasoni. Are they usually this hard to get?

They may deal with one supplier exclusively and that supplier may not have any. If the supplier is a breeder they would have to wait until their Demasoni get busy; if they are an importer they may be having issues with their supplier. When I bought my Demasoni online last summer I had to shop around to get the fish I wanted.
90g Metriaclima Estherae, Metriaclima Lombardoi, Labidochromis Caeruleus, Synodonitis Nigrita
55g Psuedotropheus Demasoni, Synodontis Nigrita
40g Astatatalapia Latisfaciata
Old Newbie

Return to General African Cichlid Discussion