General African Cichlid Discussion • why so long to get a Demasoni?

For general questions and issues. Post here if you are unsure of their origin or if you have questions about mixing.

Moderators: DJRansome, nodima

why so long to get a Demasoni?

Postby jgrillout » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:51 am

The aquatic store I use has a good reputation but I don't understand why their supplier has taken them almost a month for them to get me a Demasoni. Are they usually this hard to get?
75 gallon freshwater
male Star Sapphire hap
male electric blue hap
female red empress hap
male red empress hap
male blue dolphin hap
male venustus
male livingston hap

1 male Lemon Jake
jgrillout

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: why so long to get a Demasoni?

Postby noki » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Demasoni are somewhat common in the mass market. All depends on how the system that store uses. Waiting almost a month for something doesn't sound that unusual. The smaller or independent store market has changed significantly over the last 20 years.
noki

Re: why so long to get a Demasoni?

Postby Old Newbie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:51 am

jgrillout wrote:The aquatic store I use has a good reputation but I don't understand why their supplier has taken them almost a month for them to get me a Demasoni. Are they usually this hard to get?

They may deal with one supplier exclusively and that supplier may not have any. If the supplier is a breeder they would have to wait until their Demasoni get busy; if they are an importer they may be having issues with their supplier. When I bought my Demasoni online last summer I had to shop around to get the fish I wanted.
90g Metriaclima Estherae, Metriaclima Lombardoi, Labidochromis Caeruleus, Synodonitis Nigrita
55g Psuedotropheus Demasoni, Synodontis Nigrita
55g Astatatalapia Latisfaciata
Old Newbie

Return to General African Cichlid Discussion