General African Cichlid Discussion • Adding Aulonocara peacocks with a colony of blue dolphins

For general questions and issues. Post here if you are unsure of their origin or if you have questions about mixing.

Moderators: DJRansome, nodima

Adding Aulonocara peacocks with a colony of blue dolphins

Postby Cichlid_beast123 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:22 pm

Take a look at the video

https://youtu.be/mpHndfpCM7A

noticed the yellow peacocks they look pretty striking don't they I've heard that they can mix well with the dolphins and they won't interbreed my colony of dolphins will be 8 I've currently paid for 6 of them will pay for the other two and I was thinking of adding four of these which will total 12 what's everyone's thoughts on this and tell me what you think of the peacocks with dolphins
Tank (A) 120 Gallon 60" C.Moori, acuticeps, Red Empress, Blue Neons Buccochromis rhoadesii
Tank (B) 65 Gallon Grow out tank currently Otopharynx lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) Champsochromis caeruleus and Blue peacocks yellow labs
(Updated 27/03/2018)
Cichlid_beast123

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Adding Aulonocara peacocks with a colony of blue dolphin

Postby james1983 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:10 pm

What size tank? That would determine tankmates for your moori.
james1983

Postby Cichlid_beast123 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:03 pm

james1983 wrote:What size tank? That would determine tankmates for your moori.

450l mate
Tank (A) 120 Gallon 60" C.Moori, acuticeps, Red Empress, Blue Neons Buccochromis rhoadesii
Tank (B) 65 Gallon Grow out tank currently Otopharynx lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) Champsochromis caeruleus and Blue peacocks yellow labs
(Updated 27/03/2018)
Cichlid_beast123

Postby DJRansome » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:21 pm

Please provide the dimensions...the length is most important.
125G Borleyi, Multipunctata
75G Demasoni, Msobo, Lucipinnis
75G Calvus, Similis, Petricola
DJRansome
Global Moderator

Postby Cichlid_beast123 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:13 pm

DJRansome wrote:Please provide the dimensions...the length is most important.

151 cm by 51 66
(Updated 27/03/2018)
Cichlid_beast123

Postby james1983 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:55 am

With only 60 inches i would just stick with the dolphins. They get pretty large and would use the whole tank.
james1983

Postby Cichlid_beast123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:27 pm

james1983 wrote:With only 60 inches i would just stick with the dolphins. They get pretty large and would use the whole tank.

Yes that's what I was thinking I'm getting mixed messages though I'm learning that this hobby is rather subjective something to say add more fish is Not Enough but that's fine it makes it more fun if I was to add those fish it would only be to make the tank look a little bit nicer however I have been offered some breeding pairs so in total it'll be about 15 fish but to be honest I would be worried that I am overstocking the tank and also worried that nobody breeds the dolphins seemed to really like their environment right now I may just add to more rather large females I've put the word out and I think that might just be me on that tank let me know what you think
(Updated 27/03/2018)
Cichlid_beast123

Return to General African Cichlid Discussion