General African Cichlid Discussion • Information about mixing (Nicaragua cichlid, red tail shark)

For general questions and issues. Post here if you are unsure of their origin or if you have questions about mixing.

Moderators: DJRansome, nodima

Information about mixing (Nicaragua cichlid, red tail shark)

Postby nrich6 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:13 am

Hi,
I'm a cichlid newbie, and was told at the pet store that I could mix south american and africans. they have a 100 gallon tank there with both and are going fine. they have nicaragua and yellow cichlid...

On these instructions, we have started with a red tail shar, and a nicaragua cichlid - we want colour, so we mostly want to add africans to this mix. Our tank is either 48 or 55 gallons (1ft by 4ft)

What do I do now? We originally wanted marine tank for the colour, but we are still amateurs - so how do we get as much colour as possible and work with the fish we have?
nrich6

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Cook.MN » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:53 am

Refer to this thread about mixing South American and African Cichlids.

https://cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=169851
Cook.MN

Postby brogan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:58 am

I've seen a couple of tanks like that around. You must be shopping at Big Als! I've just started too so I cant answer your questions but try the chat room. I've had great chats with knowledgable people in there. Good Luck!
brogan

Postby nrich6 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:13 pm

Thank you guys!
nrich6

Return to General African Cichlid Discussion