General African Cichlid Discussion • Yellow Lab holding!

For general questions and issues. Post here if you are unsure of their origin or if you have questions about mixing.

Moderators: DJRansome, nodima

Yellow Lab holding!

Postby lovemycichlids805 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:44 pm

Hey everyone. I have a yellow lab that is currently holding. She's been holding for about 2 weeks now. I just bought a 10gallon tank and have started it up. I got the temp perfect and the water perfect like it is in my 29gallon tank. My question is, once I move the yellow lab (which I plan on doing tonight) What do i do after she spits, should I leave her in there? This is my first time with holding, and her first time too. Also, can I feed my fry just the regular flake food that I feed my other cichlids? Thanks so much for your time and your help.
lovemycichlids805

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby lovemycichlids805 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:53 pm

Also let me add that I have no other yellow labs and I think that the daddy is a red zebra. So what will they come out looking like?
lovemycichlids805

Postby xenergyx » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:22 am

are you running the filter for the 10g on your established 29g tank to grow beneficial bacteria before you more the lab?

dont leave her in the tank for too long after she spits, about a week so she can regain some of her weight and get back to eating normal. be sure to provide a place for the fry to hide from her in case she decides she wants to eat them...
10g holding/fry tank - 1 l. caeruleus (F), 20 newborn l. caeruleus fry
47g Malawi Mbuna paradise - 1 p. socolofi (F), 2 m. msobo (F?), 1 l. caeruleus (M) + his first 12 fry
xenergyx

Return to General African Cichlid Discussion