The C.A.R.E.S. Preservation Program • How to go about getting....

The purpose of the C.A.R.E.S. Preservation Program is to encourage hobbyists worldwide to devote tank space to one or more species-at-risk, while forming an information network between aquarists, scientists and conservationists. Hosted by C.A.R.E.S. speaker Klaus Steinhaus

How to go about getting....

Postby ratbones86 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:38 am

How would one go about getting a Cares species fish to keep? I was looking to get Altolamprologus calvus 'yellow' Nkamba Bay and was wondering how one would go about finding people that has them and how i would register them?
"I am, what i am, because i am." <Popeye
ratbones86

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: How to go about getting....

Postby DJRansome » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:21 am

There is more information on the websites linked in this forum, but you can locate a club that has a C.A.R.E.S. group associated with it and inquire. C.A.R.E.S. clubs are also listed in the website links. You would track down the fish by browsing through the clubs and members and what the various hobbyists keep.

Once you have the group, you could also get help about how to register with the same club group.
125G Borleyi, Multipunctata
75G Demasoni, Msobo, Lucipinnis
75G Calvus, Similis, Petricola
DJRansome
Global Moderator

Re: How to go about getting....

Postby cichlid-gal » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:11 am

You can also contact C.A.R.E.S and inquire about the particular species you are interested in...they maintain a database of registered C.A.R.E.S species and could either point you to a club or possibly individuals who are maintaining those species (I'm not sure how that works). Anyway, great group of people there.

http://www.carespreservation.com/contact.html
125g Limbochromis robertsi, P. mulitcolor victoriae, P. pulcher
125g Metriaclima sp. zebra gold (Lions Cove) WC, P. polit
75g Xystichromis sp. Kyoga Flameback
and smaller tanks with livebearers, Bettas, tetras, other
C.A.R.E.S
cichlid-gal

Return to The C.A.R.E.S. Preservation Program