Cichlid Fish Forum banner

CARES Fish, who wants to share!

34K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Icha Mach 
#1 ·
Hi. I am new to the CARES Preservation Program, but I am so excited about this opportunity to preserve specific species! I currently have Xystichromis phytophagus (Christmas Fulu) and am looking for some additional species. I have about 30 Fulu fry that I am willing to share free of charge to anyone looking for "new blood" in the CARES program. These fish are only for CARES breeders only. :) The species I am looking for specifically is Neochromis omnicaeruleus (Tricolor Fulu). I am more than happy to pay for juveniles or breeding adults! If anyone has these or even another species that I could use to continue on in the CARES program I would be greatly interested and appreciative. I am also looking to enlarge my breeding group of the Christmas Fulus so that my particular "pair" (I only have 2 at the moment) does not become too closely bred which is why I am looking to share my fry. They must be registered with the CARES program.

Thanks for looking. I am hoping to get to know other people that have the same strong desire to conserve and protect these fish as I do!

#2 ·
Glad to see you here, especially as a Great Dane lover !

I amnot familiar with your fish, where did you get them?

I also am looking for a particular Genus, the Tilapia.

But I am interested in all of the Cares species.

Share with us some about your fish, pics if you have them.

#4 ·
Do you have any pics of yours and adults?

I expect to be gettting some Tilapia bythobates, and hoping in March some T.snyderae. Their tanks are set up now.

What are other species that others are looking for?

#5 ·
If your interested in a CARES trade and are willing to ship, i could be interested in some fulu. I currently have 3 cares registered species. Red Mwanza (F2 generation), zebra obliquidens, and kyoga flameback. PM me if your interested.

#6 ·
As it turns out my Fulus were not accepted into CARES. However! I currently do have Ps. Demasoni and have quite a few fry and three females holding! I also have the P. Chromogynos, but they have not spawned for me yet. I'm absolutely interested in sharing or trading or what ever!

Kathy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.