Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Aquaripure

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tricktnt 
#1 ·
Anyone have experience with these? Have had mine running for 4 months now and it does not appear to have any impact on my Nitrates. Have been "feeding" (filter only) with vodka 2x weekly and adjusting effluent drip rate about every other day. Have removed all bio media from FX4- all other tank parameters are fine. Effluent Nitrate is at 0 but tank Nitrates are still a challenge and require 1-2 large water changes a week to keep at 20. 14 Mbuna in 65G tank. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I had the Large model of Aquaripure on my 300 gallon predator hap tank. I had to feed it 3 doses of 8ml of vodka a week. I kept the drip rate very fast, almost a stream. This kept my Nitrates under 10ppm for over a year. It did work well but I had to constantly adjust the drip rate every other day. (The effluent line would get clogged and slow down the drip rate.) If I did not get the drip rate and vodka dosing correctly, the filter would start producing Hydrogen Sulfide. (Rotten Egg smell).

I was tired of this constant drip rate adjustment as well as the vodka dosing so I took this product offline and purchased a Korallin sulfur de-nitrator. This has been online for 4 weeks. It takes 6 to 8 weeks for the anaerobic bacteria to get established in the filter.

I hope this filter will be easier to maintain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.