Equipment & Supplies • Aquasky setting help

For discussion regarding filters, lights, heaters, pumps, etc.

Moderators: Deeda, Kanorin

Aquasky setting help

Postby AV8TOR » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:50 am

I could use some advice on both spectrum and intensity settings on my Aquasky light for a 75 gallon Mbuna tank. There are sliders for Red, Green, Blue and White. Right now there are no plants but I do plan on adding some Anubias if you use this light please post a snapshot of your setup.
Thanks
AV8TOR

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Aquasky setting help

Postby shiftyfox » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:02 am

Great LED light and the new Pro feature update a nice added bonus.
I like to have mine gradually fade up over 10 mins before feeding time. I only have brightness levels set to 50 percent max - I dont like the over exposed washed out look .

https://imgur.com/ep5RpOh
shiftyfox

Re: Aquasky setting help

Postby Ice Man » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:18 am

New pro setting Was a welcome and good update. Similarly I only used 50% brightness as they can be quite bright.

I also use them on my community tank. I am not the greatest gardener and have killed most of my plants, but java ferns and moss seem to be doing ok and anubias are of the same ilk so should be ok. It is likely to be more me than the lights for the lack of plant success. It was low tech setup and ended up with co2/ 02 imbalance and lots of hair algae. Back under control now with some basic plants and just a dose of flourish at each water change
Ice Man

Return to Equipment & Supplies