Equipment & Supplies • Condensation Glass Sliders for - Oase Highline Tank

For discussion regarding filters, lights, heaters, pumps, etc.

Moderators: Deeda, Kanorin

Condensation Glass Sliders for - Oase Highline Tank

Postby shiftyfox » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:01 am

Any idea where I could purchase something to prevent water from getting on the underside of my tank lid.

My tank has two slithers of glass at the edge of each side of the tank and the light fitting sits on these. Every time I open the tank lid water drips down the front of the glass which is annoying
shiftyfox

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Condensation Glass Sliders for - Oase Highline Tank

Postby Deeda » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:01 pm

I'm not familiar with this brand of tank but did watch some videos on how the top is designed as well as the glass pieces that support the light fixture under the tank lid. I'm not sure how you are getting water drips down the front of the tank when you lift the lid since the lid is recessed on the trim and is below the top frame of the aquarium.

Any chance you can post a picture of the issues you are having to better clarify the problem?

On a side note, I use glass lids on all my tanks and there is almost always condensation on the underside of the lids so I don't know how you can avoid that problem. If you have a spray bar or other water moving devices that agitate the water surface, that can increase the amount of condensation on the underside of the tank lids because of water splashing.
Fishless Cycling
Posting Pics Eff. June 20, 2017, Photobucket does not allow free pic hosting

Dee
Eheim filter user
Member since 3/7/2006
Deeda

Return to Equipment & Supplies