Switch to full site
For discussion regarding filters, lights, heaters, pumps, etc.
Post a reply

Eheim 2262 spraybar

Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:27 pm

Can someone tell the hole diameter and how many holes are on a stock 2262 / 2260 spraybar.

Thanks!

Re: Eheim 2262 spraybar

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:08 pm

Sure can! The stock 2260/62 spray bar has an ID of 0.5625 with 12 holes that are approx. 0.125 (1/8") in diameter and it is 15.75 inches long.

What are you making, tell me, tell me!!

Re: Eheim 2262 spraybar

Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:57 pm

Sub-Mariner wrote:Can someone tell the hole diameter and how many holes are on a stock 2262 / 2260 spraybar.

Thanks!

Ha ha, what could they possibly be up to. :dancing:

Re: Eheim 2262 spraybar

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:32 am

Deeda wrote:Sure can! The stock 2260/62 spray bar has an ID of 0.5625 with 12 holes that are approx. 0.125 (1/8") in diameter and it is 15.75 inches long.

What are you making, tell me, tell me!!


Thank you!!!

Nothing really, just making a spraybar for my 75g. I was just curious about the stock hole diameter. From a video I saw they look larger than 1/8"?

On my FX5s and FX6 I used 17x-1/8" holes on a 40ish" spraybar. I think for the 2262 I'm going 11x-5/32" holes.

Hey one last quick question ..what's the ID and OD diameter of the stock Eheim intake strainer? On my FXs I sanded about 1" off of the 3/4" pvc tip that I use for the intake and it slips right into the FX strainer. I'm not sure if I want to use the green eheim strainer or the black FX strainer that matches my black pvc piping.

Re: Eheim 2262 spraybar

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:54 pm

Sub-Mariner wrote:Hey one last quick question ..what's the ID and OD diameter of the stock Eheim intake strainer? On my FXs I sanded about 1" off of the 3/4" pvc tip that I use for the intake and it slips right into the FX strainer. I'm not sure if I want to use the green eheim strainer or the black FX strainer that matches my black pvc piping.


I don't have a spare Eheim intake strainer but I used 3/4" Sch. 40 PVC pipe to make my own intake pipe rather than using the stock Eheim one and it fits perfectly into the Eheim strainer.

The FX5 intake strainer is a smaller OD than the Eheim intake strainer.

Re: Eheim 2262 spraybar

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:23 pm

Ok thanks.

I'll probably just use the FX strainer.
Attachments
20190126_131945.jpg
20190126_132005.jpg

Re: Eheim 2262 spraybar

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:26 pm

Nice job on the fit!

Re: Eheim 2262 spraybar

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Looks like it was made from factory!

Re: Eheim 2262 spraybar

Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:12 pm

Just an FYI for anyone that cares...the stock hole diameter on the 2260/62 spraybar is 5/32", which makes sense because 11-5/32" holes will fit inside of a 5/8" hole (1262 output size). Eheim added 1 more hole on their spraybar for whatever reason, maybe due to mm ~ in. :D

I already made two spraybars in white PVC using 5/32" holes before getting the spraybar so I guessed right on the money. Both are 40" wide, one has 11 holes, the other has 17 holes. I'll test them out before drilling the black PVC.
Attachments
2262 spraybar.jpg

Re: Eheim 2262 spraybar

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:24 pm

Good stuff! We all break plastic parts or lose them. Thanks for sharing!
Post a reply