Equipment & Supplies • Eheim Professional 4+250 Media Recommendation

For discussion regarding filters, lights, heaters, pumps, etc.

Moderators: Deeda, Kanorin

Eheim Professional 4+250 Media Recommendation

Postby afo1201 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:24 pm

Hello, I am about to finally setup and install my new Eheim Pro 4+250 canister filter to go along with my 2 AC 110's and was wondering what media is best to put in it? I want to use some lava rock i have as i have heard its great media to use. The media in my 2 AC 110's is as follow, bottom to top, Original Sponge, filter floss, and a combination of ceramic rings and matrix.

Thought on what media to put in the Eheim and in what order? I really want to use the lava Rock and apparently the substrat pro it comes with is pretty good, i am not sure about the plastic media chem included, and should I do anything different on the AC 110's? I have about 20 cichlids in my 90g tank, african cichlids ranging between 2-4 inches

Here is a picture of how it looks like inside using the included media, what should i swap and in what order?
Attachments
wg3tmm1kvzb_515x515.jpg
afo1201

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Eheim Professional 4+250 Media Recommendation

Postby Deeda » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:56 pm

If the filter came with media, I would just set it up the way the instructions recommend as I don't see any reason to change it.
Fishless Cycling
Posting Pics Eff. June 20, 2017, Photobucket does not allow free pic hosting

Dee
Eheim filter user
Member since 3/7/2006
Deeda

Re: Eheim Professional 4+250 Media Recommendation

Postby Old Newbie » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 am

The Eheim Substrat Pro is far superior to lava rock; set it up the way the instructions suggest.
90g Metriaclima Estherae, Metriaclima Lombardoi, Labidochromis Caeruleus, Synodonitis Nigrita
55g Psuedotropheus Demasoni, Synodontis Nigrita
40g Astatatalapia Latisfaciata
Old Newbie

Return to Equipment & Supplies