Equipment & Supplies • new 150 gallon tank

For discussion regarding filters, lights, heaters, pumps, etc.

Moderators: Deeda, Kanorin

new 150 gallon tank

Postby juanke » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:56 am

Hey everyone, so I finally got myself a 150 gallon tank (72x18x27) with a 40 gallon breeder sump. I'm drilling holes for 2 H2overflows. For my sump I'm using a bag of lava rocks and a marine pure block. Im planning on doing an all male peacock hap tank. I also have a roll of filter media pad that I can cut down to size. For my return pump i was gonna have EcoTech Marine Vectra M2. Since it has a 1" output I was gonna do a 1" pvc wye connector with 2 1/2" reducers with each one going to a 1/2" loc-line return. I was also gonna install a ecotech Marine VorTech MP10wQD. I already have my stand built and added some footers under the house with 2 pole jacks and a supporting beam between that and my floor joists. I just wanted to get some feedback on what yall thought or if anyone else could see any flaws what I forgot.
juanke

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: new 150 gallon tank

Postby ken31cay » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:25 am

I use Ecotech products myself, you might consider also getting the Reeflink device to better manage them. Took me all of 5 minutes to install the Reeflink and download the smartphone app and I find it very useful vs. using manual equipment driver controls.
450gal Frontosa (blue Zaire Moba) & haps
180gal Trewavasae Chilumba & Kenyi
ken31cay

Return to Equipment & Supplies