South American Cichlids • Gold Severum Tank Mates

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Re: Gold Severum Tank Mates

Postby ncm13579 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:00 pm

Auballagh wrote:In setting up a community tank with Cichlids in it, it's always better to stock first with smaller-fast things that may look like food to your Cichlids.
Next, place smaller. more peaceful (?) Cichlid species in.
Then... always save for last, the known meanest, most pugnacious Cichlid customers you plan to stock the tank with. 8)

Unfortunately I have to add the severum first. The LFS had 2 last week, one medium gold severum and one large red spotted gold severum. When I went in again today, they had sold the medium one, so I put down half the payment so they could hold the red spotted gold severum long enough until my quarantine tank is setup. I'll try to add the large school of tetras after that and try to pick some of the larger ones they have to offer. Hopefully there is enough cover between the driftwood and caves I have in there so that they can avoid each other. Wish this was planned better, but I had a few setbacks, which delayed the whole setup of this tank :(. I'll add the bolivian rams after the tetras and the blue acara last.
ncm13579

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Gold Severum Tank Mates

Postby ncm13579 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:15 pm

Auballagh wrote:In setting up a community tank with Cichlids in it, it's always better to stock first with smaller-fast things that may look like food to your Cichlids.
Next, place smaller. more peaceful (?) Cichlid species in.
Then... always save for last, the known meanest, most pugnacious Cichlid customers you plan to stock the tank with. 8)

I was able to add the tetras first but will still add the severum next. He is currently quarantining so he won't be added for at least another week. The tank is a work in progress but it's getting there. Still have to add some anubias and sword plants and I have another log/cave structure to add.
Attachments
0207211500.jpg
ncm13579

Previous

Return to South American Cichlids