South American Cichlids • New 75G stocking idea

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Re: New 75G stocking idea

Postby fishboy75 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:01 pm

I was talking about the true Blue Acara. The electric blue is a hybrid, cross between a blue acara and an electric blue ram. Im personally not a fan of hybrids but to each his own. The Blue Acara is less aggressive than a Convict for sure. I wouldn't have any worries about it with the Rainbows or the pictus cats.
fishboy75

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Auballagh » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:01 pm

Totally awesome stocking recommendations! The Blue Acara is gonna look amazing in this tank. Be patient though. And, as they say - 'WAIT FOR IT'. The little ones of this cichlid species aren't all that much to look at initially. So, give your little one plenty of time, and resist the urge to add anything else in the tank! With a little size, a non-stressed and happy Blue Acara, will definitely reward you as a beautiful, 'center piece fish' for this tank.
-
Oh, and thanks for the EBA info 'Fishboy75'! I honestly didn't know what was in those wacky (and weak) Electric Blue, hybrid things that made 'em turn out like that. And no.... I'm definitely no fan of hybrid monsters engineered/produced with ANY kind of animal species, either.... :x
The Only Sight More Melancholy Than A Battle Won?
~ Is A Battle Lost.....~
Duke Of Wellington, 1815
Auballagh

Postby spoopykitter » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:02 pm

Alright, that settles it then! I'll be rounding off the 75 with 6 Boeseman's Rainbows, 4 Spotted Pictus Cats, and a true Blue Acara as the centerpiece. Thank you both fishboy75 and Auballagh for the immense help in my decisions, and I wish the best to both of you in your future fishy endeavors!
spoopykitter

Postby Auballagh » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:58 pm

Awesome! =D>
I'm glad you decided on the blue acara (Andinoacara pulcher), for this tank. Peaceful/non-aggressive by new world cichlid standards, this species really does look quite beautiful when happy and non-stressed. Trust me, when they get some size to 'em, and when stocked as the 'centerpiece' fish - lone cichlid - in an aquarium... yours is gonna look very impressive!
This sounds like it's gonna be a very cool, community tank. Send pics! :popcorn:
The Only Sight More Melancholy Than A Battle Won?
~ Is A Battle Lost.....~
Duke Of Wellington, 1815
Auballagh

Previous

Return to South American Cichlids