South American Cichlids • Young Bolivian with food stuck?

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Young Bolivian with food stuck?

Postby fishybuisness » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:52 pm

Hello, this is a bit of a weird problem but I seem to have a very greedy Bolivian. He is too young to eat full size new life spectrum algae max, I crush pieces up and drop them near the young one. He has managed to stick a piece of food side ways in his esophagus I can see it, half in half out. He does not seem to be in any distress, but I would like to save him. He just got this stuck.Could I siphon it out with a pippette, hope he coughs it up, let it fill with water And disintegrate hopefully? Or do something else. The pellets seem to expand and disintegrate after 8 hours or so. Thanks for all responses
fishybuisness

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Young Bolivian with food stuck?

Postby fishybuisness » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:53 pm

Photo of him
Attachments
64301D80-18B4-45CE-8005-558B3134FC74.jpeg
image.jpg
fishybuisness

Postby fishguy1978 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:36 pm

My juvie chocolate is the same way, full pig. I wouldn't worry about it. The food will absorb water and become soft. In the future you could pre soak the food. Full pic's of the tank?
The harbinger of doom to the wicked but the fragrance of life for the hopeless. Napalm

Anything is possible, but should you is another question.

Oh, you are considering a Flowerhorn or Blood parrot, please don't buy GMO.
fishguy1978

Postby sir_keith » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:33 pm

In future it may be a good idea to feed your fishes foods that are more appropriate for their size.
sir_keith

Return to South American Cichlids