South American Cichlids • Oscars

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Oscars

Postby karpomatic1 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:09 am

This is my 125 gallon mostly South American cichlid tank. The aquarium is filtered with a 48 gallon custom sump that turns over about 2000 gph. I'll add my stock list below. I was thinking of adding an Oscar or two. Thoughts?

1 Festuvum
1 Geophagus Winemilleri
5 Uaru
2 Blue Acara
1 Royal Panaque
1 Synodontis Decorus
1 Synodontis feather fin
2 Synodontis Valentine
1 flagtail prochilodus

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FtXCK5ffEWruniuRA
karpomatic1

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Oscars

Postby fishboy75 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:51 pm

Not a good idea imo. You are overstocked as it is. I would anticipate you will have to remove some of the current stock once the fish reach their full size. Some would say 5 full grown Uaru alone would be too much. As far as temperament goes, Oscars can vary greatly but would most likely be the most dominant fish in that tank and potentially a huge problem as well.
fishboy75

Re: Oscars

Postby Ichthys » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:26 pm

fishboy75 wrote:Not a good idea imo. You are overstocked as it is. I would anticipate you will have to remove some of the current stock once the fish reach their full size. Some would say 5 full grown Uaru alone would be too much. As far as temperament goes, Oscars can vary greatly but would most likely be the most dominant fish in that tank and potentially a huge problem as well.

Totally agree.
Ichthys

Return to South American Cichlids