South American Cichlids • Geos and a FH in a 90

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Geos and a FH in a 90

Postby KILLERROBOT73 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:18 am

I know it’s probably been asked but I really like geos and I like FH’s and I was wondering if they would be chill together, it’s a 90 gallon aquarium that was an old saltwater aquarium so it has a giant sump (probs like 40 gallons). I’d be willing to settle with other Chichlids like Jack Dempsey’s or something colorful like that (my ma doesn’t see the beauty in a fish that isn’t like neon pink) anyways thanks in advance

- Billy
KILLERROBOT73

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Geos and a FH in a 90

Postby kaphil » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:45 am

By FH you mean flowerhorn?
No, flowerhorn's are too aggressive to be kept with Geos. Too aggressive to be kept with most fish tbh.
In general geos don't do well with centrals. South American choices are more likely to work.
kaphil

Postby KILLERROBOT73 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:58 am

Kk what would u recommend ?
KILLERROBOT73

Postby kaphil » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:53 pm

First decide what you want to keep. Geos - let's refer to eartheaters more generally - vary quite a bit in temperament and ultimate size. Do your research, choose the species you like, decide how many you want, whether your aim is to breed them etc, and set up accordingly. Then you'll have a better idea what might go well with them and how much space is available. But in general eartheaters are relatively unaggressive and not too predatory, so there are a lot of options if you have the space available. Depends what you like. Personally I like to combine pikes with eartheaters, but there's lots of options.
kaphil

Postby KILLERROBOT73 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:20 am

Ok will do ! Thanks
KILLERROBOT73

Return to South American Cichlids