South American Cichlids • Electric Blue Acara Compatibility

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Electric Blue Acara Compatibility

Postby RexTremendae » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:02 am

Hi there, I have a 30 gallon tank with seven electric blues and was wondering what goes well with them without causing any territorial issues

I know they generally go well with most plecos, and cory catfish, though I was worried about those getting too big and outgrowing the tank

If you have any suggestions on any other fish that are compatible, or any specifications on which kinds of plecos/catfish to get I'd be happy to hear them

I used to have a few green tiger barbs in the tank and those seemed to be fine together, and was wondering if loaches would be fine

My acaras tend to chase each other around the tank with the occasional nip, as well as picking on the snails and clam sometimes and that gets me a lil worried haha
RexTremendae

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Electric Blue Acara Compatibility

Postby NJmomie » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:50 pm

I am kind of new with Electric Blue Acaras so not exactly sure but seven EBAs in a 30-gallon seems a bit tight. Are they very small right now? I have only one pair in a 75 gallon. I keep them with 6 congo tetras and a variety of rainbows.
NJmomie

Return to South American Cichlids