South American Cichlids • Electric yellow lab aggressive

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Electric yellow lab aggressive

Postby Electricyellow3 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:17 pm

I have an electric yellow lab which I assume to be male and a red zebra which I assume to be female. The lab is constantly chasing the red around and when they stop for a bit, the lab will do his shaking dance in front of the red. This is what makes me think it is a male. He has been chasing the red zebra to the point that it hides in the corner all the time in a vertical position. Should I take out the lab for a day or what? I know they shouldn't breed due to hybrids but I don't have another tank besides a 10g hospital tank. That wouldn't be very big to keep one in there full term. I'm trying to get a bigger tank to split them all up but funds are low at the moment. Will the red just give in and mate or what should I do?
60g/electric blue acara, OB peacock cichlid, electric yellow lab, (2)pink convicts, firemouth, kenyi, red zebra, red tail shark, pleco
Electricyellow3

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Electric yellow lab aggressive

Postby Electricyellow3 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:22 pm

Sorry, posted in wrong group. Moved to African cichlids.
60g/electric blue acara, OB peacock cichlid, electric yellow lab, (2)pink convicts, firemouth, kenyi, red zebra, red tail shark, pleco
Electricyellow3

Return to South American Cichlids