Cichlid Fish Forum banner

will my tank be big enough

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Oscar6 
#1 ·
Im looking at getting a andinoacara rivulatus (green terror) or i currently have a 4x2x2 tank 400litres would this be big enough?? I also currently have angelfish and silver dollars in the tank, could this be an issue? If the andinoacara rivulatus isnt a good choice is there anything else you could suggest that would be fine in my size tank.i just really like the colouring on them. Thanks.Dan

#2 ·
Footprint and volume are fine for a Riv... but... how many SD and Angels? Angels can be snotty, nippy buggers when they can get away with it. Riv is a slow grower. If not overstocked, get a Riv similar size to the Angels so it at least stand up for itself. May also come a day when Riv starts to assert and beat on the Angels.

#4 ·
I would consider removing the SD. They are recommended to be kept in a larger group and a 4ft tank is quite restrictive to them. Very active pack of A-holes in general, and sometimes make nervous cichlids all the more so. They may spook a young GT into constant hiding, stress related issues could ensue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.