South American Cichlids • Sourcing Apistos and feedback

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Sourcing Apistos and feedback

Postby Mobler » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:25 pm

I am setting up a 29 gallon tank. So far here are my stocking plans:

2 Apistos
4 Corys
3 Oto
8-12 Tetras (Black Skirt or Rummynose)

So 2 big questions. First, thoughts on the stocking ? Second, I can’t find Apistos anywhere. My LFS doesn’t have them and could special order but won’t hold them and is a little pricey. I have looked on live aquaria and aqua bid but everyone I am finding is across the country. Are there any Apistos breeders/stores on the east coast? I am open to the type....caucatoides and agassizzi are the two I’m most interested in.

I don’t mind shipping across the country but would prefer someone closer especially with the cold temps right now.
Mobler

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Sourcing Apistos and feedback

Postby cichlidluvr82 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:12 am

I've been dying to get my hands on some apistos myself. I highly recommend liveaquaria.com. I've been ordering fish every month from them for the past 5 months. They pack very well and will include heat packs when it's cold. I'll be receiving more fish from them this week. All my fish I've received from them have been very healthy and had no issues. Also their customer service is excellent!!!.
cichlidluvr82

Postby Mobler » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:56 am

My issue with liveaquaria is you can’t choose male/female.

What are your thoughts on the stocking?
Mobler

Postby cichlidluvr82 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:28 pm

Liveaquria has male/ female pairs of apistogramma agassizi double red or single males. They also have male/female pairs in divers den. Sometimes they have males in divers den.
cichlidluvr82

Postby Discusluv » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:21 pm

I would suggest The Wetspot out of Portland-- they have many apistogramma species to choose from. i have ordered from them over 10 times- high quality fish and no fish deaths. Here is a link:

http://www.wetspottropicalfish.com/inde ... Itemid=116
Discusluv

Return to South American Cichlids