South American Cichlids • Marineland 25g rimless cube - ok for angelfish pair?

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Marineland 25g rimless cube - ok for angelfish pair?

Postby rookie-cichlid1978 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Hi,

I have a well established 25g tank (18x18x18) and was wondering if angelfish (any species at all) would be appropriate from a volume and dimension perspective. And potential tankmates would be harlequin rasboras (5x) and pristella tetras (5x) and botia loaches (2x). Or none if the bioload is too high. Tank is cycled and populated for over 6 months.

Thank you for providing some perspective on this.
125g: latifasciata, borleyi, stuartgranti(maleri), caeruleus, acei, electra, lucipinnis
36g: P.scalare; 29g: N.brevis; 75g: N.caudopunctatus
rookie-cichlid1978

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Marineland 25g rimless cube - ok for angelfish pair?

Postby rookie-cichlid1978 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:36 pm

anyone? Hope the question wasnt too bad :(
125g: latifasciata, borleyi, stuartgranti(maleri), caeruleus, acei, electra, lucipinnis
rookie-cichlid1978

Postby CeeJay » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:21 am

I had a friend that had pair in a 20 gallon tank with 10 other fish and they breed in that tank. I used 20 gallon for breeder with just a pair. You should be ok but that's about the smallest tank I would go with for them.
CeeJay

Postby rookie-cichlid1978 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:53 am

CeeJay wrote:I had a friend that had pair in a 20 gallon tank with 10 other fish and they breed in that tank. I used 20 gallon for breeder with just a pair. You should be ok but that's about the smallest tank I would go with for them.

Cool! What species would be applicable to this setup? And do I buy paired angels or stat juvies and remove the aggressors?
Thank you!
rookie-cichlid1978

Postby Stiphodon » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:03 am

personally I would go with some juveniles that way you get to see them grow as well as get a better understanding of each fish characteristics but hey it's your tank as long as you look after them who am I to say :)

one thing I would mention is that the serpae tetra might cause you some issues if they are going in the same tank as the angels
Stiphodon

Return to South American Cichlids