Switch to full site
Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)
Post a reply

Andinoacara pulcher (Blue Acara)

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:58 am

So i have a group of 5 Andinoacara pulcher And everything have been going well. But now my pair have split up and the male chases everyone in the tank. The tank is to small for all 5 But they are all young and i was going to only keep a pair but now i'm not to sure. I know i have 3 males and 1 female the last one i am unsure what sex. Looks to be female but since day one been treated like a male by the 3 males.

The smallest one and the smallest of the 3 males are always hiding. The female is around the male it breed with but is always chased away by her mate. The other male has his own side of the tank and the 2 males are butting heads every now and then but nothing major. Not like the first few hours when 3 mins after they arrived these two males were locking jaws for 2 hours straight.

Everything were normal until a few weeks ago thats when the large male decided to chase his female and the other 3 smaller ones.

So i'm considering to get rid of all but the two large males as it seems to be less tension here. But i am unsure on how it will be once they are larger as i consider the tank to be to small for more then 1 pair.
If i only keep the large male and the female he breed with i can't see her getting a better life as the male will still chase her around the tank like today.

What would you do?

Re: Andinoacara pulcher (Blue Acara)

Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 am

How big is the tank?

Re: Andinoacara pulcher (Blue Acara)

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:49 pm

Is this still happening?

-Kamran
Post a reply