South American Cichlids • Fish Poop Problems

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Fish Poop Problems

Postby RagerLycan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:36 pm

Does my fish have something? Ever since I moved my Umbee has been different, poop now looks like this :/. Not eating as much, definitely not pellets anymore. Hides a lot and didn't before. Also has lost much of its girth. And if anyone has an idea if this is male or female yet that would be great. Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_5903.JPG
IMG_5905.JPG
RagerLycan

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Fish Poop Problems

Postby Sherbert20968 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:39 pm

My albino oscar just had the same thing. She was weak swimming, wasn't using both side fins and was floating more in the bottom back corner of the tank. Unfortunately she passed before I could figure it out and fix it. Goodluck!!
Sherbert20968

Re: Fish Poop Problems

Postby Stiphodon » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:45 pm

there are a lot of things that could possibly cause a fish to lose its appetite which in turn would result in weight loss as well as its faeces to be weird looking.

Loss of appetite could be cause by an internal bacterial infection, stress and more.

could just be that the fish is refusing the food because it can.

If your fish is still not feeding I would try to feed them some food with garlic present which can help promote a feeding response, along with any foods you know the fish likes for example frozen food etc ...

Could also be absolutely nothing but better to know some of the possibilities

hope They are fine
Stiphodon

Return to South American Cichlids