South American Cichlids • New member

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Postby Oscar6 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Hello all, long time hobbyist, new to this forum. Always have had a soft spot for Oscars. Currently have 6 in house, (hence my screen name,lol) My newest pair, 7 months old. Doing very well so far.

1500 gallons of South and Central American cichlids. Some with a "wee" bit of attitude.
Oscar6

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: New member

Postby Iggy Newcastle » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:24 am

Welcome to C-F!

Nice fish. What varieties do you keep?
Iggy Newcastle

Postby Oscar6 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Thx for the welcome. I have 10 tanks of 1600g total. Spread out among them are, the 6 Oscars, Jack Dempsey, Red Texas, RTM, Dovii, Midevil, Indo Datnoid, 2 Spot Acara, A. Rivulatus, Green Severum, Paratilapia Polleni, Tinfoil barb, Gibbiceps and Common plecos. About a month ago I lost my 5yr old male Jag to thyroid problems. He was a bit over 17ins, around 3 lbs. Awesome specimen, still miss him.
1500 gallons of South and Central American cichlids. Some with a "wee" bit of attitude.
Oscar6

Postby Iggy Newcastle » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Wow. Nice collection.

Throw up some pics if you have time. Or over on this thread- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=177546&start=2865
Trying to get that going again...
Iggy Newcastle

Return to South American Cichlids