South American Cichlids • 75 Gallon Geophagus Help

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Re: 75 Gallon Geophagus Help

Postby Dycofree » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:34 pm

Do you have any suggestions to go with this stock? A centerpiece fish, not being a gourami or angel, and temp considered?

8 Denison
6 Bolivians
10 Corys

Would be willing to change numbers to fit centerpiece.
Dycofree

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Granamyr » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:50 pm

Sorry I was away for a few days. I think I would just keep the stock as is and let the Denisons and Bolivians be your center pieces looks like a good stocking to me
90 gallon
4 Threadfin Acara 7 Apistogramma Baenschi 7 Emperor Tetras
1 Blue Phantom Pleco (L128)
Granamyr

Postby illy-d » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:31 pm

A pair of Rotkiel Severums would be just fine in a 75G in my opinion. They don't get as large as the green severums.
illy-d

Postby William_Wallace » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:59 pm

I realize the OP is over a month old, but I'll still provide some advice. I have a 90g with 4 RHT's, 1 Sev, 1 Angel, and 4 BA Tetras. I would consider this tank maxed and may even rehome the angel. The RHTs need significant open ground space and sand substrate. They also adopt a pecking order quickly and can be seen lip-locking and chasing eachother often (but no significant aggression). I would recommend these fish as they are beautiful and fantastic for keep the substrate churning (nothing replaces your own cleaning of course). As a datapoint, I purchased 3 juveniles (un-sexed) for $12 each and an adult male for $28.
William_Wallace

Previous

Return to South American Cichlids