Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Could I do a severum

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Deeda 
#1 ·
Hi guys I've been starting to like cichlids more and more and I've heard some mixed feelings on severums i really like the color to them. I have a festivum that I've had for 3 years and never seem any aggression at all from him I also just got a uaru that's about 4 inches and a keyhole that's about 2 inches both are peaceful too I also have a pair of kribs in my tank that breed and had 8 fry all about 2 inches now and doing great. I have a 90 gallon tank

#7 ·
Other than the Uaru the other fish are not too small for that tank though right? Or are you just calling it over stocked due to that Uaru? They do get quite large

#9 ·
I meant to say not to big for that tank. Obviously if they were too small it wouldn't be an issue :) Given that most people say severums are fine in a 4 foot tank. I personally think they get to big for them. it takes them a long time (years) to get there but most varieties get really large.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.