South American Cichlids • Biotodoma Cupido

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Re: Biotodoma Cupido

Postby Mol_PMB » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:06 pm

Thanks Joe!

The tank isn't much to look at to be honest. It's a 450L 4'x2'x2' with rather gloomy lighting and a bad case of algae!
Here are a few photos I've taken this evening showing a bit of a wider view and some of the tankmates:

I'd just been doing a bit of siphoning and had kicked up a load of gunk - should have taken the pics first! Schoolboy error...

Tankmates are a school of Congo tetra, an SAE, 8 Brochis splendens, a few Otos, and a pair of Farlowella vittata that breed occasionally (I have another tank full of their kids and grandkids)
Mol_PMB

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Mol_PMB » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Off-topic, a couple of the gorgeous little plecos with Mum:

:)
Mol_PMB

Postby Mol_PMB » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Updated pics. New census suggests there are between 25 and 30 of them, about 1" long and now looking like miniature adults :)

I've had quite a lot of interest in these from local shops and members of other fora. Anyone here want some?

Cheers,
Paul
Mol_PMB

Postby FishMaster43 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:10 am

Well done mate, beautiful little fish!!!! :thumb: =D>
FishMaster43

Postby Mol_PMB » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:11 pm

If only I had cleaned the glass!
Mol_PMB

Postby Bd79 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:15 pm

I've finally made some space in my biggest tank, and acquired two Biotodoma cupido. I ordered six, but only received two, albeit two pretty big ones. The fellow who placed my order with an importer thinks he'll have four more tomorrow. In the meantime, the two seem pretty happy. I have no idea on gender.
Bd79

Postby Bd79 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:44 pm

Bd79 wrote:I've finally made some space in my biggest tank, and acquired two Biotodoma cupido. I ordered six, but only received two, albeit two pretty big ones. The fellow who placed my order with an importer thinks he'll have four more tomorrow. In the meantime, the two seem pretty happy. I have no idea on gender.

Not sure why my photo isn't showing (it showed in the preview), but here's another try:

Bd79

Postby Mol_PMB » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:46 pm

I've had no further spawnings from my adults or the juveniles I have retained. However, I'm delighted to announce the arrival of some grandchildren!
Lou, a local fishkeeper who bought a group of seven of my juveniles has just had her first spawn. Initial photos here:
http://www.tropicalfishforums.co.uk/index.php/topic,239474.msg2985066.html#msg2985066

I still have some cupids for sale if anyone else wants to try!
Mol_PMB

Postby Bd79 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:26 pm

Congrats on the grandkids!
Bd79

Previous

Return to South American Cichlids