South American Cichlids • Biotodoma cupido info request

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Re: Biotodoma cupido info request

Postby joemc » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:03 am

sorry, I had intended posting some videos of the fish spawning but I made a total mess of my photo bucket account, so I made a u-tube channel and have started to load them there for anyone who is interested in these great little fish here is the link to the channel
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHtQqo5kaaEXRKrJZ2f_Jzg
there are one or two other videos there too, sailfin tetras and angelfish, but mostly cupido, I will load the other cupido videos once I get hold of the computer for a while... having teenagers in the house tends to block the computer, phone, tv etc... though the lawn mower, washing machine etc tend to stay free
joemc

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby ahud » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:05 pm

hahaha, funny how that works.

Thanks for the videos, can't wait to check them out.
ahud

Postby joemc » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:36 pm

ha ha kids...... nothing about that in the parenting books!
hope the videos help you with your cupids, let me know if anything is not clear or is missing from the sequence and I will load some more. if you have 9-10 minutes to spare try watch the sailfin video of the male encroaching on another males teritory, when they display and fight they put any apistogramma to shame....... am I allowed to say that on a cichlid forum!
joemc

Postby ahud » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:54 pm

Dude those tetras are so cool! Crenuchus spilurus, never heard of them. I'm going to try to find some ASAP. Is that male tending eggs? Kind of weird thinking about a fish like this showing almost the same care that a cichlid does.
ahud

Postby joemc » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:35 pm

they are amazing fish, that male was tending eggs, but yet again i messed up, i think i have it figured out now, I will know if I am right by the end of the month...... then agiin, I have been wrong before with them!
joemc

Postby ahud » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Let me know how it goes!
ahud

Previous

Return to South American Cichlids