South American Cichlids • Found my oscar dead this morning....

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Postby SYcichlid » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:12 pm

Heylady where abouts in FL do you live? I know a couple good places around me that have some good Oscars. Thats if you decide to get another O. Once again sorry for your loss.
SYcichlid

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Al'Thor » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:12 pm

So sorry Heylady! :(
180gal: Red Tiger O, Female JD, Uaru, Male Texas, 5 SD's, 2 Female Cons
90gal: Chocolate Cichlid, Uaru, Hoplarchus Psittacus, 2 Pictus Cats, 2 Yellowfin Shiners
55gal: 2 Dollar Sunfish, 2 Pumpkinseed Sunfish, Yellow Bullhead
29gal: Planted Tetra tank
Al'Thor

Postby heylady » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:21 pm

Thanks everyone!

I've actually been thinking about getting a flowerhorn instead. I kind of waffle between the two - oscar/FH, oscar/FH - I think about the big goofy oscar and then I think about the FH and their markings and I just don't know! I think what it will come down to is which fish I come across first and the awww factor... :wink:

50g 1 red oscar
heylady

Postby BlackShark11k » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:55 pm

Why not both :wink:
BlackShark11k

Postby gordonrp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:36 pm

sorry :(

maybe switch to sand? looks much nicer anyway.
gordonrp

Postby heylady » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:00 pm

Not going to have gravel or sand. Gonna go bare bottomed instead!

And why not get both an oscar and a flowerhorn? I just don't have the room for both!! But believe me I'd love to have both!! :D

50g 1 red oscar
heylady

Postby BlackShark11k » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:35 pm

heylady wrote:And why not get both an oscar and a flowerhorn? I just don't have the room for both!! But believe me I'd love to have both!! :D

Well make some room! :D
BlackShark11k

Postby heylady » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:00 am

No, I don't think the pleco had anything to do with it at all. Irwin the oscar was not vicious towards the pleco but he sure didn't tolerate anything from him. Good point though as it can be a problem sometimes!!

I have decided to go ahead and get another oscar. I just miss his big goofy face and the way he would gulp up his food and how he and the dog would race from one end of the tank to the other, I miss his nice coloring (yes I will try and get another red O if I can!), his supreme largeness, and the way he would get all mouthy if I crouched down in front of the tank!! I am feeling well enough to take that gravel out tomorrow then I'll do another big water change. After that I will start looking for a new O!! :thumb:

50g 1 red oscar
heylady

Previous

Return to South American Cichlids