South American Cichlids • electric blue acara with rainbow cichlid in 100 litre tank?

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

electric blue acara with rainbow cichlid in 100 litre tank?

Postby njb235 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:03 am

hi i'm getting a 200-240litre tank in a month but could i keep an electric blue acara and a rainbow cichlid in my 100 litre until then if its heavily planted and scaped to reduce line of sight and make separate territories? thanks
njb235

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: electric blue acara with rainbow cichlid in 100 litre ta

Postby Auballagh » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:35 pm

Yes.
In addition to rocks, bog wood, plastic plants, etc. to break up those sight lines, set up the 100 litre aquarium with at least 3, (preferably 4) dark and snug hiding places for your two Cichlids. if you only place two caves/hiding spots in there, it will almost always result in fights over who supposedly gets the 'best' one.... :roll:
-
Otherwise, with just a pretty calm Rainbow Cichlid, Herotilapia multispinosa and an individual Electric blue Acara, I think this aquarium will work out. Oh, and do NOT add any more cichlids to the 100 litre tank! (Adding non-Cichlids such as Tetras, Barbs, Danios, etc... will be fine).
Find What You Love And Let It kill You!
What matters most is how well you walk through the fire...
- Charles Bukowski -
Auballagh

Re: electric blue acara with rainbow cichlid in 100 litre ta

Postby njb235 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:52 pm

Perfect thank you so much for your advice I will set up plenty of hiding spots and line of sight breaks!
njb235

Return to South American Cichlids