General Aquaria Discussion • Species Profile Images all broken

For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.

Moderators: DJRansome, fmueller

Species Profile Images all broken

Postby nuzzler » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:26 pm

I can't seem to post in the site feedback forum so this seemed like the next best place. I check out the cichlid profiles often as my husband and I are getting into cichlid keeping and one day all the images just stopped working. They come up as a black rectangle saying Error Loading Image. We checked on two different laptops and in 3 different browsers and none worked. We have waited a week to see if it resolved on its own but the pictures are still down and I see no other posts mentioning it so I thought I would bring it up. I hope it can be fixed as this is a wonderful resource for us when we try to decide what new fish to get.
nuzzler

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Species Profile Images all broken

Postby DJRansome » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:29 pm

It is a known issue that Administrators are working on. It may take a bit longer (don't wait), so let us know if you want us to find you a particular species photo in the meantime. Vendors often have good photos if you choose a reputable one that uses full scientific names.
125G Borleyi, Maleri, Astatotilapia, Multipunctata
75G Demasoni, Maingano, Msobo, Lucipinnis
75G Calvus, Petricola
33G Hara; 33G Kwanga; 33G Homeless Peacocks; 33G Cobue
DJRansome
Global Moderator

Postby nuzzler » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:32 pm

Okay thanks! So glad you guys know about it.

We will ask if we need to see an accurate photo of a certain fish in the meantime. We tried to google the names and wow the difference between how the fish look from picture to picture made it impossible for us to get a real idea of what they look like and we love that you guys provide easy information on factors that help with what fish might mix well such as temperament.
nuzzler

Postby DJRansome » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:36 pm

Really better to use the photo gallery of a reputable vendor. Google images often have the pics labeled wrong.

There IS a lot of variation in how the fish look...even in person from day to day and hour to hour.

PM me if you need a vendor.
125G Borleyi, Maleri, Astatotilapia, Multipunctata
75G Demasoni, Maingano, Msobo, Lucipinnis
75G Calvus, Petricola
33G Hara; 33G Kwanga; 33G Homeless Peacocks; 33G Cobue
DJRansome
Global Moderator

Postby BlueSunshine » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:38 pm

nuzzler wrote:Okay thanks! So glad you guys know about it.

We will ask if we need to see an accurate photo of a certain fish in the meantime. We tried to google the names and wow the difference between how the fish look from picture to picture made it impossible for us to get a real idea of what they look like and we love that you guys provide easy information on factors that help with what fish might mix well such as temperament.

Please let me know what fish ya'll are looking for. I would be glad to help with pics if it is a fish my wife and I are keeping. Welcome to the cichlid hobby!!!
BlueSunshine

Return to General Aquaria Discussion