General Aquaria Discussion • Show and Auction - Rhode Island 9/9-9/10

For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.

Moderators: DJRansome, fmueller

Show and Auction - Rhode Island 9/9-9/10

Postby nodima » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:57 am

The Tropical Fish Society of Rhode Island is having its annual show and fall auction the weekend of September 9 & 10 in Cumberland RI.

If you've never shown fish before it is a great way to learn about the fish, the judging is quite thorough, and there are ~22 classes, so it is not all Cichlids. Cash prizes are awarded in all classes as well. Last year, the Best of Show was a spectacular Killiefish. A couple of years ago, it was a Red Head Tapajo cichlid.

Here is an article on showing fish.

Full information can be found on the [url=http://tfsri.net/tfsri-wp/tfsri-fish-show-and-auction/TFSRI Auction and Show Page [/url]

The auction is on Sunday, starting at noon. Always an amazing array of fish - anyone can come to buy and sell fish, you don't need to be a member of any club.
180 gal - Tanganyikan community tank: Tropheus Bemba, Synodontis Petricola, Compressiceps

125gal - South American community: Geophagus, Acara, Angels, Severum, Festivum

75gal - Planted SA tank
nodima

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Show and Auction - Rhode Island 9/9-9/10

Postby nodima » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:13 am

Anyone planning to come? Would be great to put faces with screen names, so if you are thinking of coming, let me know.
180 gal - Tanganyikan community tank: Tropheus Bemba, Synodontis Petricola, Compressiceps

125gal - South American community: Geophagus, Acara, Angels, Severum, Festivum

75gal - Planted SA tank
nodima

Re: Show and Auction - Rhode Island 9/9-9/10

Postby caldwelldaniel26 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:57 am

I wish, I love New England but Rhode Island is 1800 miles from me. Last time I was up your way, was around 2005 when I went to Gulf Oil in Chelsea Mass
...Surviving doesn't always mean they're thriving...
caldwelldaniel26

Return to General Aquaria Discussion