Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Put sick terror in guppy tank for a few victories

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  caldwelldaniel26 
#1 ·
My Terror got sick to his stomach and this weakened him enough that he became the go to beat on fish in a large and aggressive territorial tank.

Sooooo.....

I managed to get him out (not easy - built out planted tank) and put his poor body (lots of white and very little fin) into a clean 10 with good air. I know he'll survive because he's still alert, I can fatten him up but his moral would still be shot to ****.

Soooo....

I'll let him regain some strength for a week or two +/-, super clean water, lots of air, light salt, dose of Melafix, a diet consisting of small amounts of bloodworms and some peas to fix that belly and after he regains some strength I'll throw him in the 20 gallon show guppy tank. This tank has wood, it's very heavily planted and full of guppies. I"ll kick up the filtration to remove waste and let him free. he'll start off taking what he needs but eventually the easy kills will run out and hunting will become the only means of food (guppies are hiding son of a guns because from birth their own mama will eat em). This should get him back to flaring up and acting aggressive which will give him his confidence back.....

I'm also not merciless, 'll take the best 4 females and move them to another twenty and buy some new badass males as soon as I set up another a new guppy tank. This way I got rid of a ton of mediocre guppies, built up my Terror's confidence, get to design a new planted 20 and increased the quality of my guppy stock.

Win - Win

MeCasa

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.