General Aquaria Discussion • Finally.....all 3 tanks **video**

For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.

Moderators: DJRansome, fmueller

Finally.....all 3 tanks **video**

Postby Melanddave6571 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:30 pm

Finally got all 3 tanks on video. The 56 is in the "What to put in it" mode Still have to put back on and aquascape ideas. The 150 gallon is husband's. He's done a gorgeous job. All community. Mine is almost done. I will put a couple of small color silk plants in Mbuna tank. They liked to nibble on my others. Plus a little bubbler in the rear of the flat stone to the left plus add a bit more rock on the left side. I am at 12 total and that's it, no more. Love their personality.

Melissa

75 Gallon tank
1 auratus
2 Yellow Acei
1 Johanni
2 Kenyi
1 Yellow lab
2 Pseudotropheus Socolofi
1 Red Top Zebra albino
1 Electric Blue Johanni
1 Red Top orange
2 Feather Fin
and so far last I counted 6 babies
Melanddave6571

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Finally.....all 3 tanks **video**

Postby james1983 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:23 am

Nice looking tanks. Its great that you were about to get your cichlids in a larger tank, should cut out a lot of headaches once the fish start growing.
james1983

Postby Melanddave6571 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:37 am

james1983 wrote:Nice looking tanks. Its great that you were about to get your cichlids in a larger tank, should cut out a lot of headaches once the fish start growing.

Thanks! The Mbuna seem much happier in the 60. And there are caves for everyone. In fact, in the morning when I awake you don't see even one. But as cichlids do, the minute a human walks by they are out and begging.

I went this weekend and got me Angels for my 56. I took the leap. Got me 5.....the fish guy said get an uneven number. He said I could get up to 7 in my size. Two have already paired up and hang out. The other 3 don't. I always go for the "outcast" so I got the very small Blue Angel that was the runt and looked picked on. It was the only one left (very small) in a tank of all Koi Angels much bigger. I got one Koi and 3 Black Angels & one is a "notch head." When I asked the guy at the fish store what was wrong with it he said it was just the "short bus" of the tank but was healthy as the rest. So I had to have him. Now that's his name. Short bus.
Melissa

75 Gallon tank
1 auratus
2 Yellow Acei
1 Johanni
2 Kenyi
1 Yellow lab
1 Red Top Zebra albino
1 Electric Blue Johanni
1 Red Top orange
2 Feather Fin
and so far last I counted 6 babies
Melanddave6571

Postby My2butterflies » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:56 am

Beautiful! I think my husband would really love your ac tank. He loves their colors but I have a thing for s/ca. Maybe if we get another tank
~ Mrs.E ~
My2butterflies

Postby Melanddave6571 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:01 pm

My2butterflies wrote:Beautiful! I think my husband would really love your ac tank. He loves their colors but I have a thing for s/ca. Maybe if we get another tank

Thanks! I have to get some updated stuff up now. :D
Melissa

75 Gallon tank
1 auratus
2 Yellow Acei
1 Johanni
2 Kenyi
1 Yellow lab
1 Red Top Zebra albino
1 Electric Blue Johanni
1 Red Top orange