General Aquaria Discussion • Hi! From South Africa

For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.

Moderators: DJRansome, fmueller

Hi! From South Africa

Postby Heihachi85 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:37 pm

Wasnt sure where to introduce myself :oops:

just wanted to say that i have been browsing this site for a looooong time thought i would finally take the plunge, must admit though bit afraid to post pics of my tanks though as i see how passionate you guys are about your fish so would'nt want to offend anyone, but ill give it a go anyway :D

so i have been keeping fish for as long as i can remember ,Dad taught me the basics (mostly good advice) but life got busy so only really got into it about 10 years ago when i got married and could no longer hang out in the crowds of my youth. so to keep myself occupied i took up the fishkeeping hobby, with age comes wisdom so this time around i decided i would research and try and learn as much as possible as i went along. in the early days i made the usual noob mistakes, keeping koi in a 3ft tank, bettas in bowls etc etc. thank goodness my researching had brought me to sites like this and many others where i have been able to further expand my knowledge ( however i still dont feel as though i have scratched the surface) so the quest for knowledge continues. maybe you guys can give me a hand?

on to the pics.....
Heihachi85

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Hi! From South Africa

Postby Heihachi85 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:47 pm

these are all old pics, this was a temporary growout tank
Heihachi85

Postby Heihachi85 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:48 pm

my old 4ft
Heihachi85

Postby Heihachi85 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:09 pm

forgot to mention I have a pretty serious case of MTS.
More pics of all my old setups.....
Heihachi85

Postby Heihachi85 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Heihachi85

Postby DJRansome » Thu May 19, 2016 8:14 pm

Welcome to Cichlid-forum! Love the plants.
125G Borleyi, Multipunctata
75G Demasoni, Msobo, Lucipinnis
75G Calvus, Similis, Petricola
DJRansome
Global Moderator

Postby Heihachi85 » Sat May 21, 2016 7:00 pm

so those pics are all of what used to be i have loaded some pics of my current setups.
some of the tanks are a works in progress so if you come across something you can advise me on please feel free :)

This tank is in my lounge - 5ft, 2ft sump filtration, T5 lighting housing a variety of tetras and bottom feeders

This is also a tank in my lounge - 6ft, 4ft sump and 2000lph cannister, T8 lighting housing a variety of my favourite cichlids and clown loaches(purists go easy on me) definately a work in progress (cupboard, hood etc)

This is a tank in my younger son's room - 2ft, internal and HOB filtration, T8 light, holding tank.

this tank is in my older son's room - 3ft, 2 x cannister filters, T5 light, housing fish that im planning to take back to the lps ( mind the background, he did it himself didnt want to discourage him)

this Tank is in my fishroom it is part of a 3 tier sump system in that urn ornament u see is a lone frontosa

this tank is in my dining room, 2ft, HOB and internal filter, T8 lighting, yes Demasoni with plants, clown loaches and platys :o

another tank in my fishroom 4ft, Cannister Filter, T5 light unit and Crytocara Moorii
Heihachi85

Postby BrunoZA » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:04 am

Howzit boet! Good to see a fellow saffa on here. Nice looking tanks you have there, I especially like your 4ft cichlid/loach tank!
BrunoZA

Return to General Aquaria Discussion