General Aquaria Discussion • Ever had an argument with fish store staff?

For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.

Moderators: DJRansome, fmueller

Re: Ever had an argument with fish store staff?

Postby Cichlid boy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:05 am

It wasn't an argument but I was in a fish store and asked for suggestions for my 30 gallon tanks and he said I could fit a pair of dovii in there.
Cichlid boy

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby LeeAberdeen » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:23 pm

I had to Google that cichlid, but that about sums up LFS staff. Two fish of potentially 28 inches in a 30-gallon? I rest my case.
75g - Mixed - Yellow labs, Jalo Reef, Red-Top Hongi, Rubin Red
150g - Mixed all-male - Protomelas Steveni 'Taiwan Reef', Jacobfreibergi Eureka, OB Fire, Aulonocara Sunset, Fryeri Blue Ice, Chromobotia Macracanthus
LeeAberdeen

Postby Melanddave6571 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:07 am

LeeAberdeen wrote:
They don't like me in there because if I see people contemplating buying discus I always sidle over and tell them about the daily water changes needed for juvies then watch them walk away. Funny how the staff never tell them that...

Ha! I just read up on Discus as a choice for my tank (I research everything first before jumping in) and said NOPE!

I did this to a customer at a Petsmart with a Dad buying his daughter a small tank for her Red eared slider. The employee was saying yes that will be fine. Yeah, for how long? They get big and dirty! I pulled him aside and warned him.

Same thing happen at a swap meet. My husband does appliance repair. Some vendor had front load washers for sale and he seen a couple were giving a deposit on them. My husband walked up to the washer, put his hand in the tub and knew bearing were bad. He caught up to the couple and told him they were in for a 300.00-400.00 repair if they bought that washer. They were grateful and got their deposit back.
Melissa

75 Gallon tank
1 auratus
2 Yellow Acei
1 Johanni
2 Kenyi
1 Yellow lab
2 Pseudotropheus Socolofi
1 Red Top Zebra albino
1 Electric Blue Johanni
1 Red Top orange
2 Feather Fin
and so far last I counted 6 babies
Melanddave6571

Postby LXXero » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:11 am

lol i seem to end up in arguments over on the reef keeping forums more than I do anywhere, hahaha. those guys all seem to have a lot more opinions, lol. most of my LFS are pretty cool anyway. i've definitely "taught" an LFS employee a thing or two before, though. Haven't ended up in an argument yet though.
120g mbuna tank w/aqueon proflex 4 sump, ps. acei, rusties, maingano, mbweca, yellow labs.
60g cube reef tank w/trigger systems sump
36g tropical with bolivian rams, eheim 2217 canister
29g tropical eheim ecco 2032 + fluval c3
20g Long hospital/QT tank.
LXXero

Postby CeeJay » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:56 am

I don't know about argument but I walk out store and will never go back.

Store is own by women and her son works the store. He walks up to me and calls me darling. I turn to him and say I'm not your lover. He says to me I could of called you a <nasty name>. I just walked, I'm sorry to say but he has more then once flap his mouth to me I just don't need the stress of dealing with him. This is my hobby and to have an someone act so bad to customer is just wrong in so many ways. Nothing against short people but he's got a problem.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Last edited by DJRansome on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To change rating to G family friendly.
CeeJay

Postby labsandrusties333 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:56 am

Luckily, the place I go to is pretty good with everything, I know a lot of the staff and most have had tanks their whole life, so I guess I'm lucky there.
labsandrusties333

Previous

Return to General Aquaria Discussion