General Aquaria Discussion • SA cichlid for 190l tank

For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.

Moderators: DJRansome, fmueller

SA cichlid for 190l tank

Postby spursmb » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi
I have a juwel trigon 190 fish tank, and Im thinking about re-stocking it... So far I had Rams in there but after over 2 years with them Im giving up. They are eighter too difficult for me to maintain or just too prone to disease. Anyway, I do love SA cichlids and I was thinking of a couple of jack depseys as a replacement. What are Your thoughts? Would You have any other suggestions/ideas?
spursmb

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: SA cichlid for 190l tank

Postby notho2000 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:07 am

As a moderator of this category, I'll move this post to a another location as well so it will receive more attention and response. Actually Jack Dempseys are from Central America. Thanks for your query. Hope you get some suggestions that are helpful.
notho2000

Re: SA cichlid for 190l tank

Postby tanker3 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:58 am

Wow, going from one end to the other. I have kept German Rams on/off for years. Use to breed them when I was young. I think most of the Rams now come from poor stock, best if you can find a local breeder. But,......

With only a 190L, you will only be able to keep ONE JD, no a couple. Even if you get a breeding pair, the male may kill the female after breeding.
75gal Tank White Labs, White Top Haras, Met. Membe Deep
58gal Tank Ps. Saulosi , Lab. Perlmutt
tanker3

Return to General Aquaria Discussion