Switch to full site
For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.
Post a reply

Dumped goldfish invading Colorado Lake

Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:06 am

Too bad.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/nation-n ... /25439075/

Re: Dumped goldfish invading Colorado Lake

Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:19 am

I saw this story earlier today on a news aggregator site I frequent. It's a shame that people do things like this. Probably somebody that bought a goldfish thinking how big can they get? At least the "little" guys are thriving. Carp really are pretty good at being invasive species though lol :fish: :lol:

Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:26 am

They should dump a truckload of Peacock Cichlids in the lake, that would take care of it! :lol:

I read somewhere that the lake was manmade in the first place. So a manmade lake got filled with introduced fish; as long as it isn't connected to any waterways I don't see the problem.

Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:24 pm

Mr Chromedome wrote:They should dump a truckload of Peacock Cichlids in the lake, that would take care of it! :lol:

I read somewhere that the lake was manmade in the first place. So a manmade lake got filled with introduced fish; as long as it isn't connected to any waterways I don't see the problem.

Then we would need to introduce snakes for the peacocks, gorillas for the snakes, so on and so forth until winter freezes them all over. :D

Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:00 pm

I know someone with a manmade lake...the authorities figure out what could happen in various flooding scenarios and then make a ruling. At least around here, manmade ponds tend to be created by damming up (partially usually) natural streams.
Post a reply