General Aquaria Discussion • Need Help Please

For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.

Moderators: DJRansome, fmueller

Re: Need Help Please

Postby CrazyTaz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:02 pm

thank you all for your advice, I think im going to split up my cichlids into different tanks and use the 90g for something else, I really like peacock cichlids so I might go with that but do you guys know if other peaceful tropicals such as mollies guppies, gouramis and that will they do ok with peacocks?
CrazyTaz

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Need Help Please

Postby AulonoKarl » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:25 pm

CrazyTaz wrote:thank you all for your advice, I think im going to split up my cichlids into different tanks and use the 90g for something else, I really like peacock cichlids so I might go with that but do you guys know if other peaceful tropicals such as mollies guppies, gouramis and that will they do ok with peacocks?

Peacocks also need about 48" in length and would not work well with those tropical fish.
You might be able to do a couple of smaller species of mbuna in there. It's not my area of experience, but I think it would work fine. Something like labs and rusties.
If it were me I'd do rainbowfish with some other tropicals. It would look really nice with your decor. Maybe four different types of tropicals and some bristlenose plecos.
AulonoKarl

Previous

Return to General Aquaria Discussion