General Aquaria Discussion • Personality...

For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.

Moderators: DJRansome, fmueller

Personality...

Postby Ruthiebaby88 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:48 pm

What fish did you have that was the most Interesting to watch.

Had the best personality?

Looks aint nuthin without personality right?
Ruthiebaby88

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby CoolCichlid » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:51 am

Goldfish, because they are colorful, swimming happily. I love how they sway they're tails when they swim.
CoolCichlid

Postby limpert » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Venustus

His black spots would go from very faint to very dark when I approached the tank
limpert

Postby beccam » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:19 am

my Chinese algae eater..... he's got a lot of spunk and makes everyone laugh.
we've have seen him sit on other fish and "clean" them (much to my pleco's dismay)
he also chases my cichlids, i for sure thought he would be eaten, but he has been running the show.
:lol:
beccam

Postby Jowlz » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:53 am

I'll say our P. Salousi. They all hand feed. If I approach the tank, they just go about their business. If my wife who feeds them approaches, they all come to the front of the tank and beg. They spend their days working away moving sand and digging holes. Many times they spit the sand they are digging into a hole another is digging....They also head for their sleeping spots about 5 minutes before the lights go out.
Jowlz

Postby wakeupplan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:10 am

my fire eel. I keep him with a few mbuna and he likes to hide in the fake plants and nips if anyone gets to close, or if he is swimmin about the tank he looks like he almost lays on the cichlids. Plus he is spoiled it will only eat night crawlers cut up at a certain length.
wakeupplan

Postby duds » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Other than my cichlids I'd say my male betta. He eats from my hand, responds energetically to a wave from across the room and flares his gills whenever approaches his tank.
duds

Postby adam79 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:03 pm

wakeupplan wrote:my fire eel. I keep him with a few mbuna and he likes to hide in the fake plants and nips if anyone gets to close, or if he is swimmin about the tank he looks like he almost lays on the cichlids. Plus he is spoiled it will only eat night crawlers cut up at a certain length.

Here as well. Definitly my fire eel. He eats out of my hand. Sticks his head out of the water like a dolphin. Swims up into my HOB filter. Acts like a dog when he sees me.
adam79

Postby Manoah Marton » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Personally, I love watching my similis colony. They defende against the evil calvus pair, and give plenty of babies as well! Their interactions with eachother are really cool to watch.
There's something wrong with having an entire food chain at your home.
Manoah Marton

Re: Personality...

Postby Ruthiebaby88 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:27 pm

Thought I would revive this and see what today's readers say - Now that I've kept mbuna for a little over 5 years - I adore them! Who needs TV when you've got a soap opera in your fish tank to check in on every day.

I love all of the mbuna I've had in there, yellows labs +mutts & zebras have been my favorites - just depends on who's on the top of the pecking order at a given time.

Also love my petricola cats.
My upside down cats are so boring - often I think one has died only to find it has moved when I come back later. They are also not a cute when they get big. Perhaps they are intimidated by the mbuna - I may move them into the baby tank to see if they will do something.
My bristlenose isn't super active, but he does have a very interesting appearance.

Also loved the beta I had long ago.
Ruthiebaby88

Postby Aquariguns » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:53 pm

As far as personality goes, whether you love them or not, Blood Parrot is a really social fish, always front and center looking to great everyone, always happy - except for being a man made #%$& mutant.
Aquariguns

Postby Granamyr » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:32 pm

Mine was my geophagus brasiliensis. It was very cool when I would go up to the tank it was almost as if he was watching me as much as I was watching him.
90 gallon
4 Threadfin Acara 7 Apistogramma Baenschi 7 Emperor Tetras
1 Blue Phantom Pleco (L128)
Granamyr

Return to General Aquaria Discussion