General Aquaria Discussion • Some of the best aquarium photos ever

For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.

Moderators: DJRansome, fmueller

Postby heylady » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:26 pm

While I agree that most of the tanks look very pretty, (especially the tanks themselves and the houses they are in!!) their choice of stocking is questionable. Too many fish in the majority of the tanks, and in one of the saltwater tanks, they have a lot of yellow tangs which do not get along with each other. Also I noticed in another saltwater tank they have a queen trigger in there. My god, the most aggressive fish in the sea and they show it being kept with other fish. I can only hope they took it out shortly after the photo was taken. Also noticed a very large elephant ear mushroom coral in one tank. KNOWN FISH EATER!! Hellllloooooo......
Don't like the overstocking, the fake corals, or the "wall of rock" in the reef tanks.

But if anybody wanted to give me one of their tanks or one of those houses I wouldn't turn them down!! :wink:

50g 1 red oscar
heylady

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby NorthShore » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:12 pm

You can keep large shoals of yellow tangs together. As to the queen trigger, it probably was never really in the tank. ;)

Keep in mind these are photos that are intended to promote business. :dancing:
NorthShore

Postby notmyspace » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:12 pm

I need to tell them to stop using my house as an ad again..sigh
notmyspace

greatest pictures?

Postby slickvic277 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:40 pm

The planted tanks ARE Amano's tanks I got the books there in.The pictures of them are his also.His planted tanks are works of art,although sometimes there a little sterile looking.Usually there stunning and rival any saltwater set up.
slickvic277

Postby dwarfpike » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:19 am

No, that site is the american branch of his japanese business ... same intials, though they stand for differant things. Kind of like Nintendo US vs Nintendo Japan.
dwarfpike

Previous

Return to General Aquaria Discussion