General Aquaria Discussion • odd shaped tank

For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.

Moderators: DJRansome, fmueller

odd shaped tank

Postby JessiLou » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:31 pm

I was offered a very odd shaped tank. I am not sure what, if anything you could keep in this. It is 48in tall x 13in wide x 10in deep. I know I could find a place for this, but is it really worth the time? With such a small footprint, what could you keep in it?
JessiLou

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Toby_H » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:07 pm

It may make a very cool looking tank with tall plants and a bubble wall... something like that...

But I cannot think of any fish that would benefit from the shape and cleaning the bottom will be an utter pain...

I personally wouldn't go for it unless I had that perfect place where a tank with these measurements would look just perfect.... and then I wouldn't keep fish in it... I would just use it as a visual display... lots of bubbles, maybe some colored lighting... some shrimp to clean up...
The happier you make your fish the happier they will make you

Minimum requirements means minimum happiness for all
Toby_H

Postby JessiLou » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:18 pm

Thanks, I think I will pass on it. I have so little space left for more tanks, I can't waste it to add a tank with no fish lol
JessiLou

Postby Toby_H » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:50 pm

lol

It seemed like I convinced you of what you already believed.

I'm tewrrible at taking anything and everything that I might be able to make into a fish supply. Then I put it in a pile in the corner and throw it away when I move. I don't think I could turn that tank down myself... but I also think it would sit in the pile until it gets discarded...

Your wife/husband/parents/roommate/anyone should be proud of you for being able to say no...

Toby_H

Postby JessiLou » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:43 am

my problem with keeping it is, I want a huge tank with huge cichlids. Right now I have 3 tanks plus a QT tank but my biggest tank is 75 gallons. I just love huge fish, but have no room for a bigger tank at this time. I mentally rearrange my stuff every day trying to find a spot for a 6 foot tank. If I ever figure out how to make it happen, I would hate for that odd tank to be the reason I don't have room for it lol I am a pack rat and keep everything, so if I took that tank, I would just have to keep it. The only thing I have ever been able to toss out is the husband lol.
JessiLou

Postby Toby_H » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:52 pm

I bet your bed is 6' long... I bet you could fit two 6' tanks under there ;)

Toby_H

Postby JessiLou » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:36 pm

Gives a whole new meaning to sleeping with the fish. I will find a spot for a bigger tank. I just don't think it will be under my bed lol
JessiLou

Postby ice_9 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:25 pm

Might be a good choice for Discus...?
always Constant...Accurate...and Intense...
ice_9

Return to General Aquaria Discussion