General Aquaria Discussion • Oh man.

For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.

Moderators: DJRansome, fmueller

Oh man.

Postby Moghedian » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:53 pm

My 40gal started to leak today while I was at work, and my Finace called me to tell me that he was bucketing the water out. I only had three fish in it, two small plecos (about 1.5 inch) and a small Acei. I get home and he tells me that he put them in a bucket.

I go into the bathroom to check on them, and bam, my acei is dried out on the counter.

*facepalm*

I really liked him too.
Moghedian

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Oh man.

Postby Darkside » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:19 pm

Moghedian wrote:My 40gal started to leak today while I was at work, and my Finace called me to tell me that he was bucketing the water out. I only had three fish in it, two small plecos (about 1.5 inch) and a small Acei. I get home and he tells me that he put them in a bucket.

I go into the bathroom to check on them, and bam, my acei is dried out on the counter.

*facepalm*

I really liked him too.

Your fish or your fiance?
Darkside

Re: Oh man.

Postby sean151 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:12 am

Darkside wrote:Your fish or your fiance?

Not going to lie. I was thinking the same thing. I got a laugh out of the thought, but I'm sorry for the loss. We all lose a fish here and there, especially since cichlids won't give an inch to someone new to the tank.
sean151

Postby Donfish » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:46 am

Sorry for your loss, on the bright side the fiance can always be replaced. j/k :)

Now the paranoid brigade wants to know, what made the tank leak?
Donfish

Postby Moghedian » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:29 pm

It was a fixer upper. I got a 40breeder for 20 bux and I had to replace the silicone on the inside.

of course I missed a spot :|

I put my acei in after a few days to help cycle, and because he was being picked on, i figured he would like 40g to himself for a bit.

And [email protected] the fiance bits, now that I re-read it I laughed too.

And sorry for the looonnnggg time it took me to look at my old posts and realize that I hadn't answered this one xD
Moghedian

Return to General Aquaria Discussion