General Aquaria Discussion • Rate my wish list for new 150 gallon setup.

For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.

Moderators: DJRansome, fmueller

Rate my wish list for new 150 gallon setup.

Postby lestatak » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:28 pm

I'm looking to add another tank with cichlids I like but not already own.

The following is my wish list for this new 120 or 150 gallon tank. They will all be purchased as juveniles at 1-1 1/2 ''.

1 Convict
1 Green Terror
1 Firemouth Cichlid
1 Texas Cichlid
1 Red Star Flowerhorn
5 Clown Loaches

I think the flowerhorn may be a problem.
lestatak

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Paulbearer » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:56 pm

Yes, the flowerhorn will more than likely be a problem down the road. They can work most of the time when they are young, but eventually he/she will probably clear the tankmates. Keep in mind this is just a broad statement, every fish has it's only personality and some just don't turn into brutes, but if we are going with percentages here, it is probably going to happen.
180 Gallon - Building Stand/Hood now

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forum ... p?t=395359
Paulbearer

Postby oshp132 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:55 am

Nice list....I think it'd work out pretty good (I am not so sure about the flowerhorn, though)...And, what about a honduran red point instead of a standard convict (It'll be a little more colorful, not quite as aggressive)....And what do you think about a chocolate cichlid instead of the flowerhorn?

MIKE[/img]
oshp132

Postby naegling23 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:43 pm

6/10

oh, you want comments....

Im not much of a CA, or larger cichlid guy, but wouldnt it be a more interesting tank if some of them could pair up?

I would think like 6 firemouths would be more interesting that a mix....but then again, I dont know much about the big boys, so maybe you are doing the right thing there.
naegling23

Postby oshp132 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:06 pm

That is a fine idea......You could definitely go with a species tank, and Firemouths would work out just fine.....Good thinking.
MIKE
oshp132

Return to General Aquaria Discussion