General Aquaria Discussion • Totally bummed....hubby wants me to reduce my tanks!!

For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.

Moderators: DJRansome, fmueller

Postby lloyd » Wed May 07, 2008 8:01 am

[quote="sickchild"]Is there a 12 step program for fish keepers? If so then lloyd may have stumbled onto a new career path, a "Cichlid addiction interventionist." Honestly, half the stuff posted here is out of humor, at least my posts anyway.[/quote]

a long time ago, i attended a 'CAI' meeting, as a sponsor for a friend, and came home with three bags of fish and a used tank. :lol:
lloyd

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby sickchild » Wed May 07, 2008 3:03 pm

Ha,ha! sometimes the urge to collect overcomes rational though! At one point way back I had the garage full of extra equiptment, tanks and breeder setups. One day I was trying to get the lawn mower out of the HUGE pile of fish goods and was unsucessfull. I then decided to "lighten the load" a bit. That is partially why I now only have 4 tanks!
One morning my six year old came to me and said, "Dad, can I feed your Sickchilds?" (Cichlids)
sickchild

Postby heylady » Thu May 08, 2008 2:31 pm

You guys and gals sure have cheered me up!! :lol: Love the cricket story and the "nookie prison" too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately, there is no way that I could combine all my fish into one tank. Even a really big one. (Not that I have room for a 180g or bigger anyway)....the fish I tend to pick are really aggressive and would not get along. The BP is a blood parrot who has a normal mouth. She is extremely aggressive when she spawns, and has drawn blood from my hand many times!! My oscar is surprisingly aggressive too. I highly doubt the two would get along. Then there's the texas who I know would go after the oscar. Don't even get me started on the flowerhorn as she has surprised me with how mean she already is at such a small size.
I will probably have to give up 2 fish in order to move other fish around to bigger tanks but I think I'm okay with that....at least the fish I really, really like will be able to stay.

So it's down to no new tanks and he gets a pool table out of the deal!! Of course, all this is null and void if we move to a bigger house :wink:

50g 1 red oscar
heylady

Postby Barbie » Thu May 08, 2008 3:43 pm

I had two significant others that expected me to cut back on tanks... They're both ex's now! I do my best to not let it get out of control. As long as I can still manage to keep up with everything and worry about keeping them happy, I expect to not have my hobby used as a bargaining chip :). I'm happy with meeting in the middle, but my fish actually do pay for themselves, unlike most hobbies. The man I finally married told me I could have all the fish I wanted and he'd never complain if I'd get rid of my lovebirds. Now that was a bargain!

Barbie
Barbie

Postby lloyd » Thu May 08, 2008 3:52 pm

i wonder how much weight a pool table could hold? plus...it's equipped for 6 overflow/returns, lots of room underneath for a decent sump...nice overhead lighting... :dancing:
lloyd

Postby Laurel » Tue May 13, 2008 8:08 pm

We only have 2 fish tanks in our 1br apartment, and my bf has put his foot down, no more. It's okay with me because I stay busy enough that keeping 2 tanks happy, heated and lit, and constantly modifying my stock lists keeps enough of my wallet tied up that there's no need for more. My only problem is that I'm dying to go BIGGER. I've started working him so when we eventually buy a house in about a year, I can dump the 75 gallon and just buy a 125 to set up where we move.
Laurel

Previous

Return to General Aquaria Discussion